Today was spent at an Excel training course in the city. I wasn’t sure whether it would be too basic for my needs (Beginner course) but actually I learnt a lot. Turns out there is a simpler way to do almost everything I’ve ever done! How exciting.
I love learning new things!
In other news, I have now booked my hotel and paid my membership so it looks like I am committed to going to Swancon. My first con for about two and a half years, I think! What a long time it’s been….
I hope to see some of you there…
Some positive things for this week so far:
- Work was hilarious yesterday. As much as I complain some days, I work with some of the funniest people!
- Had a good night’s sleep and felt refreshed!
- Today’s course was interesting and useful. It made me feel enthusiastic about work for the first time in ages (even though I hardly use Excel at work, but you know, enthusiasm is porous?)
- We had lunch provided, and I had a pumpkin turkish bread that was soooooo delish!
- It was nice to have a “work” day away from work, to have a mental break from that space and refresh.
- Survivor on TV! Phillip is so funny!
- Manic Street Preachers on the stereo, a good book.